The GRHANITE™ FAQs
- What GP systems are supported?
- What is the minimum requirement for running GRHANITE™?
- Does GRHANITE™ run on 64-bit operating system (e.g. Windows 7 x64)?
- Can GRHANITE™ be installed on the server?
- Is GRHANITE™ able to go through Proxy or Firewall?
- What if GRHANITE™ can not go through proxy or firewall? Can it still be installed and perform extraction?
- How much traffic will GRHANITE™ consume on the GP computer on daily basis?
GRHANITE™ support all major GP systems used around Australia. Below is the list of GP systems currently supported.
GRHANITE™ Can also support custom GP system (Please contact us to discuss your need for interfacing with custom system).
|GP System||Versions Supported|
|Medical Director||2, 3 and above|
|Zedmed||12, 14, 15|
|Communicare||9 and above|
|Practix||1.8 and above|
|Best Practice||1.6 and above|
Any recent PC with Windows Operating System conforming to the following specifications:
- At least 1GB RAM (recommended: 2GB)
- Windows XP SP3 onwards (Windows 2003 Server, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 10 Pro)
- At least 2GB disk free disk space
- Internet connectivity.
|Windows XP SP3||Yes^||Yes^|
|Windows Server 2003||Yes||Yes|
|Windows Server 2008||Yes||Yes|
|Windows Server 2008 R2||N/A||Yes|
|Windows Server 2012||N/A||Yes|
|Mac OS X||No+||No+|
+ ongoing development.
^ support end 8th April 2014 (the end of life of Windows XP. For more information visit microsoft site. Back to top
Yes, but it is not recommended.
Yes, GRHANITE™ is designed with firewall in mind but in some cases it might not be able to authenticate against proxy server.
|Squid Proxy||ISA Server*|
* available in Q4 2011Back to top
Q: What if GRHANITE™ can not go through proxy or firewall? Can it still be installed and perform extraction?
Yes. Extraction can be done and transferred manually via media such as USB flash disk, CD/DVD, FTP, or any other preferred data transfer mechanisms.
Back to top
It will consume around 3-5Mb per day. However, if it is performing data extraction, it will consume between 20-100Mb depending on how much data is extracted.Back to top